The Home Buying Process
There are many steps in the home-buying process. Here is a brief list to help prepare you:
- Obtain pre-approval letter from lender.
- Work with a REALTOR® to find a neighborhood and home that suits your needs.
- Make offer to purchase (with initial deposit).
- Submit mortgage application.
- Conduct home inspection.
- Review condominium / property documents.
- Sign P&S agreement (with additional deposit).
- Choose loan program and closing attorney.
- Obtain mortgage commitment.
- Get home owner's / condominium insurance.
- Consider homestead.
- Review closing costs.
- Conduct “walkthrough” inspection.
- Obtain check or wire funds.
- Attend closing (bring photo ID and check book).
- Apply for residential exemption.