Real Estate Tips: 10 Ways to Improve your Home
It is very important that your real estate agent works tirelessly in an attempt to help you get a great deal when purchasing the home of your dreams. You should not be surprised to learn that an agent truly loves sharing their thoughts with clients on how to best show and improve their home to ensure that they get every penny they deserve for their property.
Thus why it has become apparent to share 10 simple ways to update your home on a budget. Please find this list below with the corresponding estimated costs for making such changes, as provided by the article at the base of this post. The important thing to keep in mind is that one should never hesitate to speak with your realtor to discuss whether making any of these changes are worth it for your wallet, your time, and the resulting change in revenue you can generate for when you put your home up on the market either for rental or sales purposes.
- Open up your Kitchen - $1,000 for widening the door to $30,000 or more for removing walls
- Modernize your Kitchen - $1,000 for ‘Do it yourself’ to $50,000 or more for contractor intervention
- Make over your Bathrooms - $600 to $10,000 and up
- Add a Bathroom - $5,000 to $20,000 and up
- Finish your Basement - $25 to $100 a square foot
- Find Storage Space - $200 and up
- Create Built-in Storage - $500 and up
- Add a Dormer - $10,000 and up for a double dormer
- Put a Studio or Office in an Outbuilding - $25 to $75 a square foot
- Add Outdoor Living Space - $1,500 and up