This new year has been full of countless exciting developments all throughout The Greater Boston Area concerning an array of projects pertaining to various industries. The Seaport District in Boston is one of the areas that is going through quite the transformation. We recently discussed in great detail about the many happenings occurring in this area, also termed The Innovation District by Mayor Thomas M. Menino. With 90 or so new businesses coming to these waterfront localities, as well as upwards of 1,700 housing units, the Seaport District we know today will look totally different in a blink of an eye tomorrow.
Some of the previously announced projects from the recent past include:
- Waterside Place 236 apartments, 19-stories
- Pier 4 357 apartments, 21-stories
- Seaport Square 750 apartments, 22-stories
- 411 D Street 197 apartments, 2 buildings (one will be 5-stories, the other 6-stories)
- 319 A Street 202 apartments, 20-stories
Now, we have news of three other projects that are sure to create even further buzz for the neighborhood:
- Fan Pier - Planned condominium building along the waterfront that will accompany the two office towers being built for Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Watermark Seaport - 300 apartments with 25,000 square feet of potential retail space
- Food Market - Grocery store of some 5,000 square feet to meet the needs of the increasing amount of residents in the nearby area
Many of these proposals are diligently working with city regulators to expedite this process as quickly as possible. Throughout all of the city of Boston and its surrounding areas, there is clearly an abundance of projects in the works that only further prove the trust in our markets as well as the sheer dedication to the prolonged growth in Boston real estate and its businesses.