It is almost here again! This Saturday, September 22nd of 2012, there will once again be a wonderful day perfect for family and friends of all ages in Westwood, Massachusetts. It was not long ago when there were no longer celebrations in this town, one of the finest all throughout this wonderful State. The current Recreation Director, David Burnes, sought to change all of that and indeed he has succeeded.
In a completely separate blog it was shared how just within the past week or so Westwood High School was awarded the Blue Ribbon designation by the U.S. Department of Education! Evidently there is much to get excited about within this area and the idea to improve and forever continue Westwood Day is completely worthwhile and overwhelmingly deserved. With the goal of bringing the community together at the forefront, Burnes and his team have set fourth quite the eventful day for this years festivities. The following highlights the timeframe associated with this ever so important day.
- At 9:30AM, a 5K run will commence
- At 10:30 am there will be a fun run
- From 11AM until 3PM, attendees can enjoy Food, Entertainment, Games, and Merchant Village
- 4:30PM through 6:30PM will see a tailgate and country music party by "Help Wanted"
- At 7PM it is time for the Westwood High School Football Game
- Finally at 9PM, a beautiful fireworks show concludes this special day
For what is a massive undertaking by reviving the spirit and need for celebration in Westwood, Burnes has done a phenomenal job. Anyone can be in attendance and we hope that as many individuals as possible will be! There are countless other attractions and games that can be found at the first shared link at the base of this blog that are certainly worth a browse through. Congratulations to Westwood and its residents for what is sure to be yet another successful and proud day in their storied history.