Construction is underway for a highly anticipated Jamaica Plain housing complex. The new construction was previously proposed to the Boston Redevelopment Authority back in 2013 with very little local opposition. The plans call for a 204,000SF 13-story building. Named, The Serenity.
This complex will offer 195 housing units with 32 city-certified affordable housing units ranging from 1-BR, 2-BR, 3-BR, and studio apartments. The Serenity is located convenientlynear public transportation or the Longwood Medical Area.
Amenities will include:
- 147 parking spaces
- 2,100SF of retail space
- A view corridor looking out to the Jamaica Plain pond.
- 24-hour concierge and security services
- 24-hour sports club/fitness center
- Library and computer room
- Private courtyard with water feature and childrens play area
- Swimming pool with lounge and deck
- On-site management
- Electric-car charging
- Covered storage for 195 bicycles
- Access to MBTAs Green Line and several bus routes
In addition to this incredible list, the building will offer environmentally friendly features. The project itself was designed for sustainability and efficiency and will include features such as:
- Solar panel roof
- Garden roofs at some levels
- Energy Star appliances
- Water-conserving features
For the city of Boston, this project will provide roughly250 construction jobs and is expected to be completed by June 2017.