The Merrytime Adventure: Scituate Community Christmas Presents Families With A Fun Way to Give Back
There's no better way to end the year than giving back and paying it forward. In the spirit of the season, Gibson Sothebys International Realty is committed to sharing unique opportunities for individuals and families to help others in their community.
One fun opportunity, geared at teaching children the importance of giving back, kicked off just yesterdaytheScituate Community Christmas Merrytime Adventure. The Merrrytime Adventure is a whimsical scavenger hunt around the coastal town of Scituate, Massachusetts, with stops at local businesses, one of a kind restaurants, and public favorites like the town library. The mission behind the scavenger hunt is simple: to engage the youngest community members in holiday fun and holiday giving. Its an activity for adults and children alike, one that can be completed at your leisure from now until December 24th. All proceeds from the Merrytime Adventure benefit the organizations year-long mission. Community spirit was already evident as early as December 1st in Scituate Harbor as restaurants like The Galley and Riva welcomed young visitors into their spaces with excitement.
Here it How it Works:
1. Beginning December 1, purchase a keepsake tote designed by Aggie Gillis and Dear Rose Studio. The tote will contain a Merrytime Adventure Passport. Totes can be purchased at Hennessys in Scituate Harbor, Stacis Stiches in North Scituate, or online at www.scituatecommunitychristmas.org.
2. At your own leisure, use the passport as your map as you search Scituate for the Community Christmas Block Logo. Once you find a logo at a participating local business, you will obtain a stamp from the merchant. Continue your search and fill your passport with your Merrytime adventures!
3. Various locations on the Passport will encourage charitable donations from families, from toys, to food pantry items, to hand-written cards for a child in need of a smile. The map also provide kids with fun challenges like Find a heart shaped rock at The Scituate Lighthouse.
4. Enjoy fun art installations along the way and capture festive photos with your family.
5. Share your experience and compassion as you teach your children that giving to others is the greatest gift of all.
The Scituate Community Christmas, established in 1989, is a non-profit organization that provides services and new Christmas gifts to Scituate families who are facing economic or personal hardship. The organization additionally supports families year-round while inspiring the values of kindness, compassion, and volunteerism. The Susan Phippen House, home of Scituate Community Christmas, serves as an anchor by providing a warm, welcoming space for outreach and giving while connecting people with charitable organizations to promote the common good.
To learn more about Scituate Community Giving and how to give back year round, visit www.scituatecommunitychristmas.org. Follow the Merrytime adventures on the Scituate Community Christmas Instagram. Happy giving!