The season of giving is upon us, and this year, the need is greater than ever. Through the month of December, Gibson Sotheby's International Realty is proud to support and match donations of up to $5K to six local organizations that are close to our hearts.There is still time to join us in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Remember, no donation is too small!
Please forward your donation receipt to GibsonGives@GibsonSIR.com so we can track your donation and determine our final company match!
Based in Bostons South End neighborhood, Project Place promotes a community of hope for homeless and low-income community members with the resources they need to obtain and sustain housing and employment. The agency has been a lifeline for vulnerable individuals who have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.For every dollar contributed, society receives 100% of its investments back, plus a return.
As a result of our matching donation efforts, Project Place raised nearly $11,500 on December 1st alone! Help Project Place community members find pathways to jobs, housing and hope. Click here to give back with Gibson.
By engaging the key systems at the center of urban violence, ROCA serves as a relentless force in disrupting incarceration, poverty, and racism among young adults. The organization proudly serves youth across Massachusetts and, most recently, the city of Baltimore. Contribute to the safety and stability of those in need.Click here to give back with Gibson.
In FY19, Roca served 904 high-risk young men in Mass in its Young Men's Program:
- 184 enrolled in transitional employment.
- 71% practiced cognitive behavioral theory.
- 278 placed in a job.
- 80% stayed with ROCA.
- 64% held jobs for 1 year or more.
- 97% of enrolled 24+ months had no new incarcerations.
In FY19, ROCA served 246 young mothers and 309 children in its Young Mothers' Program:
- 81% practiced cognitive behavioral theory.
- 96% delayed further pregnancies.
- 63 placed in a job.
- 85% held jobs for 1 year or more.
- 83% improved parenting skills.
Family Nurturing Center
At the heart of Family Nurturing Centers work is the belief that parents are most successful in nurturing their children when they feel competent in their skills, connected to others, and supported by a caring community. Join the FNC in strengthening families and preventing child abuse in Boston and throughout Massachusetts. Help ensure the continuation and development of programs that connect parents and families to resources and each other. Click here to give back with Gibson.
- In FY20, 186 parentsincluding dozens of fathersgraduated from Nurturing Parenting Programs.
- 210 families with newborns received Welcome Baby gift bags with books, baby items, handmade blankets, and resource information.
- 87 families received twice-weekly Parent-Child+ visits (including virtual) modeling language and literacy activities.
- 612 parents and caregivers and children built skills together in Parent-Child Playgroupsin-person, online, and outdoors.
- 169 young children received developmental screenings to assess progress toward milestones.
- 266 social workers, community providers and volunteers completed training to facilitate Nurturing Programs across the Commonwealth.
- Over 550 families received COVID-19 support in the form of diapers, health and cleaning supplies and grocery gift cards.
Boston Medical Center
The mission of Boston Medical Center is clear: to provide exceptional care, without exception to anyone who walks through its doors. For more than 100 years, BMC has provided not only traditional medical care, but also services that help patients find stable housing, as without a stable home, chronic illness, hunger, addiction, and behavioral health can become exacerbated. As the pandemic continues to evolve, BMC's medical staff remains committed to maintaining the level of care that its patients deserve. Consider becoming part of the BMC family. Click here to give back with Gibson.
Natick Service Council
The Natick Service Council is a non-profit organization that connects, engages and collaborates with the community to support Natick neighbors facing difficult daily choices between paying for food, heat, rent or healthcare. $150 is enough to buy one week of protein-rich groceries, while $500 can help fill a fuel tank to warm a familys home! Join the movement to end economic hardship and uncertainty in your local community. Click here to give back with Gibson.
- $150 provides one week of lean meats and other protein foods.
- $250 provides one week of dairy products.
- $400 provides one week of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- $500 can help fill a fuel tank to warm a familys home.
Helping Our Women
Helping Our Women educates, empowers and supports women in the towns of Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown who are living with chronic, disabling or life-threatening health conditions. From providing transportation, food and financial assistance to connecting women with resources that support their healthcare journeys, HOW has eased the stresses of everyday life for women since 1992. Your donation will improve healthcare access for nearly 250 women on the Outer Cape. Click here to give back with Gibson.
HOW serves and supports over 240 women with a wide range of chronic or serious health conditions:
- Every $5 donation provides a $10 gift card to a local market to purchase a holiday treat.
- Every $10 donation provides one month of free internet for community members who have received a free tablet from HOW.
- Evey $20 donation provides a shpping bag of groceries and toiletry items from its Food & Personal Products Pantry.
- Every $65 donation provides a monthly stipend to off-set the cost of utility bills, phone bills, special dietary items, or alternative healthcare treatments for a low-income community member.