In October, we at Gibson Sotheby's International Realty held our inaugural Experts Exchange. It all began with a welcome reception at The Millennium Residences at Winthrop Center, followed by a day of networking with our Sotheby's International Realty® colleagues and learning from industry leaders on how we can stay ahead of the curve as we navigate the evolving real estate market: from building a resilient business to identifying key marketing strategies to embracing AI. The week concluded with a tour of four magnificent listings in the South End, Beacon Hill, and Back Bay neighborhoods of Boston.
We asked those who joined us from near and far to share their favorite moments and key takeaways from this boutique networking experience:
- "I am so proud to work for a company that takes pride in fostering strong relationships between its agents. Gibson Sotheby’s International Realty is the absolute pinnacle of an experienced agency in Massachusetts and around the world." – Holly Pereira, Gibson Sotheby's International Realty
- "With some of the larger events, I often leave exhausted as I try to make 100 new friends. This smaller gathering was one that I left refreshed along with true connection with colleagues in other markets. From the intimate small group dinners to the extracurricular personalized outings, the event stands out as one of my favorites." – McKinze Casey, LIV Sotheby’s International Realty
- "The Experts Exchange is just what I needed. A room full of high-achieving agents sharing strategy and cheering each other on." – Lauren Davis, TTR Sotheby’s International Realty
- "I think one of my biggest takeaways was from one of the agents on the panel who talked about her "tribe"—agents she has formed, trusting relationships with through other networking events. Create your tribe of trusted referral experts in the cities where you do business. Continue to communicate and strengthen the bond between your tribe and meet up at other networking events. The size of the event was perfect! I really enjoyed sitting with five other agents from across the country during the presentations and lunch. I got to know them personally and professionally. My table spanned Nantucket, Breckenridge, Colorado, Jupiter, Florida, and Nashville, Tennessee. Thanks for creating such an amazing opportunity to network." – Mary Pat Palmer, Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty
- "Attending the Experts Exchange in Boston was a standout experience. It provided a unique opportunity to connect with fellow agents in Boston, many of whom I collaborate closely with, and the rewards were immense. The chance to engage with agents from across the US on a more personal level left a lasting impact. Discussing market dynamics, sharing the challenges we face, and exchanging stories about the highs and lows of our agencies proved to be both beneficial and enjoyable. Building relationships extended beyond the formal settings—comical Uber rides and hotel drink meet-ups provided an additional layer of connection that I truly cherish. Nurturing my relationships with my colleagues is of utmost importance, and upon returning home, my top priority was writing 25 notes to those I had connected with. The panel presentations were enlightening, the tour of the Winthrop Center was a highlight, and the overall intimacy of the event left a lasting impression." – Sarah Huard, Mott & Chace Sotheby’s International Realty
- "The Experts Exchange was a great opportunity to meet fellow top producers in markets our clients relocate most to, providing us the ability to connect our clients with the experts they need when relocating.” – Ryan Glass, Gibson Sotheby's International Realty
- "The Experts Exchange was more than an event for me; it was a journey of genuine connections and shared wisdom. It felt like a community, not just an event." – Sharon Parker, Tate & Foss Sotheby’s International Realty
- "Attending the event in Boston was an incredible experience. Not only was the setting beautiful, the number of attendees was perfect and made for a much more intimate event. I was able to meet several agents that I had not met before. Furthermore, as a result of taking a risk and sitting at a table where I knew no one, I received a $4 million referral the following week! I made incredible contacts while learning about the direction of the market. The perfect mix!" – Heather Shields, Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty
- "The panel discussions were excellent presenting valuable marketing strategies and insights from diverse markets. We are grateful for the wonderful opportunity to learn from the best!" – Diane Barry, William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty
- "I enjoyed hearing Tammy Fahmi speak about what was happening internationally. It's not a perspective we often hear, and it was interesting how it coincided with what is happening locally in my market." – Nancy Tallman, Summit Sotheby's International Realty
- "My biggest takeaway was Richard Silver's delivery on AI and how it is going to affect our business. I've already started to use it and plan to dig in deeper as I don't want to be left in the dust." – Daneen Law, Gibson Sotheby's International Realty
Thank you to everyone that has been, and continues to be, part of our journey—and a special thanks to Sue Yannaccone of Anywhere Brands and Anywhere Advisors, Brad Nelson and Tammy Fahmi of Sotheby's International Realty®, Richard Silver of Sotheby's International Realty Canada, R. Wayne Lopez, the SoWa Power Station, our exceptional panelists, and our team behind-the-scenes for making this event a success. It was a privilege to have hosted you here in Boston. We hope this networking experience enabled you to build relationships with your colleagues within the Sotheby’s International Realty® network, gave you the tools you need to leverage the brand and drive your business, and inspired and motivated you as you continue to service your clients this fall season.
We are eager to grow together in 2024!