Fair Housing Declaration
Gibson Sotheby’s International Realty’s REALTORS®, brokers, salespeople, agents and employees agree to:
- Provide equal professional service without regard to the race, color, religion, gender (sex), disability (handicap), genetic information, familial status/children, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, ancestry, marital status, public and/or rental assistance, military or veterans’ status, of any prospective client, customer, or of the residents of any community. Consistent with applicable law.
- Keep informed about fair housing law and practices, improving clients’ and customers’ opportunities and our business.
- Develop advertising that indicates that everyone is welcome and no one is excluded;, expanding client’s and customer’s opportunities to see, buy, or lease property.
- Inform clients and customers about their rights and responsibilities under the fair housing laws by providing brochures and other information.
- Document my efforts to provide professional service, which will assist me in becoming a more responsive and successful REALTOR®.
- Refuse to tolerate non-compliance.
- Learn about those who are different from me, and celebrate those differences.
- Take a positive approach to fair housing practices and aspire to follow the spirit as well as the letter of the law.
- Develop and implement fair housing practices for Gibson Sotheby’s International Realty to carry out the spirit of this declaration.